Co-op Education Programs

To promote international relations and intensify cooperation in education and research, Canadian colleges and universities enter into agreements with foreign educational institutions that have similar objectives.

These initiatives provide students with an opportunity to gain valuable experience related to their current academic field of study, and help prepare them for a successful transition from school to the working world.

To be eligible you must:

  • be a full-time student at the time of application, and
  • be enrolled in a co-op program at a participating post-secondary institution.

Duration of Participation
Exchange co-op students may study and work abroad for up to one year, depending on the agreement with the host institution.

How do I apply?
Students wishing to work or study abroad should contact their own college or university for details on the various programs and eligibility requirements. Visit the Web site of the Canadian Association for Co-op Education at for an updated list of participating institutions.